California Immunization Requirements
We are trying to be proactive and inform all of our families of the impact Senate Bill 276 will have on Mountain Oaks School. As of January 1, 2020 new immunization rules will be enforced. Mountain Oaks has always been understanding and supportive of parents' rights, but we are required to comply with the new laws.
What this means to our families is:
- Mountain Oaks students who participate in on-campus and/or group activities (lunch, workshops, field trips, etc.) will need to have one of the 3 following immunization status updates to participate in those activities beginning January 1st 2020:
- 1- On Schedule with Immunizations
- 2- A valid Medical Exemption and/or
- 3- Conditional Enrollment
- Students who do not meet one of the three criteria above will still be able to attend Mountain Oaks but they will be placed on a purely Independent Study/Homeschool Course of Study. They will NOT be allowed on campus to interact with other students. This may mean that their Mentor Meetings will take place during a time when other students are not scheduled to be on campus and/or off campus (home visits, video conference, Starbucks, etc.).
If you have any questions please feel free to call either Bill Redford, Mountain Oaks Administrator at 754-0532, ext. 2252 or Samantha at 754-0532, ext. 2258.